From: owen <owenbprince@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008052314:46:37
Subject: math for gifted student

Subject: How to discuss my son's need for more math instruction

M. Lopez question is: How do I approach & discuss my son's need for
more/higher math instruction at school? I certainly do not want to
make unreasonable requests but also feel that is not fair for him to
'stagnate' in his math education. Do you have any ideas?

I would appreciate any ideas you would have to offer!

  You will find material at the "dotmath for kids" web site that he
can work on- at his own speed.   The material is for k-4 students but
the concepts are things that will help him understand math at a
university level.  For example:  What is a number?  Even the experts
at a univerity level have a hard time with this but you can find the
answer at the "dotmath for kids" web site and it is explained so a
child in grade 1 to grade 4 can understand.  You may use the charts
 from the site for free if you agree to the rules of the site and the
copyright law.

   You are afraid that you may make unreasonable requests but asking
if he would like to work on "The Fun Book" is not pressure- only
asking if he likes to have fun.

   Type    dotmath for kids  into your search box and you can find the
web site.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®