From: susancaro <morahsusie@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008063023:27:32
Subject: problem with word problems

Hello out there, I teach middle school and find that there is a
serious problem that exists between the students and mathematical word
problems.  They seem to lack comprehension of what information is
given and what they are asked to do.  I think that the students do not
comprehend the vocabulary nor the process involved. They often know
the vocabulary but cannot break the problem into smaller segments
which is needed in order to solve the problem.  They get frustrated
and often decide that it is simply to difficult and do not even
attempt to do the work.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®