From: susan caro

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008070100:34:17
Subject: word problem-problems

In order to help children who are Learning Disabled to understand word problems, I often encourage them to illustrate ( with funny sketches) the information that is given in the text. Why? This method allows the students to THINK, make learning creative and fun, and helps them understand the words in the problem. They often explain that they cannot draw, but I calmly explain that this is not an art class, and their pictures will not be graded for their artwork. They usually accept this and cooperate!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/