From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001082908:47:08
Subject: Re: How to spell Trigonometry

Most of the people who posted here spelled the word as "trignometry. Being a poor speller myself, I looked it up and found that it is spelled "trigonometry." Regarding the use of the word "math" or "maths" I have always used "math" when I was to lazy to spell it out. In some countries, they apparently use "maths" as a short form for mathematics. I plugged in math and maths into Microsoft Word which has a spell checker, and that program was programed to make the spelling "maths" incorrect. One of the posters from UK asked us to use "Maths." Most Americans probably have only heard "Math." If different countries use one thing and others use another, then either way should be OK, I think.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/