From: CRM <afy2001@adams.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003081813:06:35
Subject: Remembering Trig Ratios

I had a student tell me this one once.  It's the same concept as
SOH-CAH-TOA, only much more unusual.

          Old
  Some  -------
          Hen

           Another
  Caught  ---------
             Hen

              Oats
  Taking   ----------
             Away

I have found that it is somewhat easier to remember and apply because
of its absurdity.  I simply refer to it as a "Barnyard Catastrophe"
and the students chuckle to themselves and move on.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/