From: John Melon <info@coloradomelons.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2013112622:22:01
Subject: Re: Exponential notation vs. scientific notation

[Quote]
What is the difference between scientific notation and exponential
notation?
What would the following be considered written in?
3.4 X 10^3 and 34 X 10^3 [/Quote]

Recent conversation outside of this forum has led me here. I know this
question was posted long ago, but it's still on the web, unanswered.
Sooo....

They are written in Scientific Notation. Be mindful, Scientific
Notation uses Exponentiation as a method of expression. The "10^3"
portion of your expressions is the Exponentiation. It's the "x times"
an exponential ten which makes it "Scientific Notation".

' hope this helps future viewers 8^)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®