Q&A #19477

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Exponential notation vs. scientific notation

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: John Melon

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2013112622:22:01
Subject: Re: Exponential notation vs. scientific notation

[Quote] What is the difference between scientific notation and exponential notation? What would the following be considered written in? 3.4 X 10^3 and 34 X 10^3 [/Quote] Recent conversation outside of this forum has led me here. I know this question was posted long ago, but it's still on the web, unanswered. Sooo.... They are written in Scientific Notation. Be mindful, Scientific Notation uses Exponentiation as a method of expression. The "10^3" portion of your expressions is the Exponentiation. It's the "x times" an exponential ten which makes it "Scientific Notation". ' hope this helps future viewers 8^)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®