Q&A #19887

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: 7th Pre-Algebra projects

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: Kris Newtown

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2010041421:15:15
Subject: Web 2.0 tools to demonstrate math understanding

You may also want to look into the use of Web 2.0 tools to help students demonstrate their understandings of concepts. They could create a glogster virtual poster (www.gloster.com) which is very similar to a paper poster but allows students to add links and interactivity including audio and video files. How about having the students create a PowerPoint presentation explaining the process and then uploading this to Animoto.com to develop a music video of sorts. Or maybe they could create a cartoon using Bitstrips.com. My students have loved all of these activities. They've also enjoyed www.voki.com and www.xtranormal.com as programs to express their understanding. If you've ever seen www.mathtv.com you could also have your students do something like this. Currently my students are in the first of a two year accelerated course. They've each been assigned 18 questions from various topics to create a video instruction for which will then be uploaded to our secure website for them to review next year before their state exam. Hope these ideas give you and your students some creative avenues for expressing their understanding. Kris Newtown Frankfort-Schuyler Middle School Math

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®