From: Mark Shafer <ch_shafer@lgca.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999112402:09:37
Subject: Re: Algebra 2

"	How would I graph this?   y=6, for x>2
   y=3x, for 0 is less than or equal to x which is less than or
equalto 2
   y= -x, for x is less than or equal to 0"

I assume you are asking how to enter it in a graphing calculator.
If so, the commands on a TI-83 calculator would be:

Y1 = (6)/(x>2)
Y2 = (3x)/(x>0)/(x<2)    "note that you will need the > or = symbol"
Y3 = (-1/2x)/(x<0)       "you will need the < or = symbol here"

The necessary inequality symbols are available under math/test/ on the
TI-83's

I hope this helps!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question