Q&A #210

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: GED

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004041109:02:01
Subject: GED

Barnes and Noble have several good books that address the five subjects for the GED. Usually, the local literacy council can help you to get books and often they are free. They usually always have half length practice exams that you can take. Basic arithmetic is 50% of the math test; Geometry is 20% and algebra is 30%. I have had a few students who avoided Geometry and Algebra and still passed the test, but I recommend that you study all three parts. Geometry is often neglected but learning just a few of the concepts from basic geometry can often cause you to pass where otherwise you wouldn't. Example: Alternate interior angles Corresponding angles Straight angles Vertical angles Parallel lines intersected by a transversal Triangle has 180 degrees etc.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®