From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004041108:02:01
Subject: GED

Barnes and Noble have several good books that address the five
subjects for the GED.  Usually, the local literacy council can help
you to get books and often they are free.  They usually always have
half length practice exams that you can take.

Basic arithmetic is 50% of the math test; Geometry is 20% and algebra
is 30%.  I have had a few students who avoided Geometry and Algebra
and still passed the test, but I recommend that you study all three
parts.  Geometry is often neglected but learning just a few of the
concepts from basic geometry can often cause you to pass where
otherwise you wouldn't.

Example:

Alternate interior angles
Corresponding angles
Straight angles
Vertical angles
Parallel lines intersected by a transversal
Triangle has 180 degrees  etc.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®