Q&A #2193

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Trailblazers Math Program

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Dee

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006021011:38:18
Subject: Re: Concerned Parent Questions

My daughter is currently in the 5th grade. She started Trail Blazers in the 4th grade. Now, we did come out of a private school from Pre-K - 3. So there was a lot of new info for us to absorb. Trail Blazers is a waste of time, in my opinion. I'm a single parent and have to get my daughter to do her 'stupid' homework from Trail Blazers, then teach her 'real' math on my own. Our time is limited to 2 hours in the evening, so along with all other homework, we do our own as well. It's frustrating, but I refuse to allow Trail Blazers to fail her in math. Also, she was at the top of her class in math, she is now on the bottom. Sad to see that such a stupid book can cause so many problems. Frustrated in North Carolina

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®