From: cindy <creding45>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005042623:00:42
Subject: trailblazer math

   We have a tutor, our school parents feel the same way.  I have
talked to alot of parents.  This seems to be nation wide.  A tutor
does help. Teach the basic facts at home. A tutor will help with
programs you can use at home to teach the basics. It is to much change
made, especially when material already works well. Our oldest daughter
had the basic facts down before trailblazers came along. our oldest
started trailblazers in 4th grade, so the basic facts were established
and she did fine. That is not the case with our other daughter now in
1st grade. We are taking it upon ourselves with a tutor to get the
basic facts across to our 1st grader. I don't think there are a lot of
positives out there when it comes to trailblazer even from the
teachers.  Get back to the basics! Teach the math facts first, then
maybe trailblazer will work!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®