From: cindy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005042700:00:42
Subject: trailblazer math

We have a tutor, our school parents feel the same way. I have talked to alot of parents. This seems to be nation wide. A tutor does help. Teach the basic facts at home. A tutor will help with programs you can use at home to teach the basics. It is to much change made, especially when material already works well. Our oldest daughter had the basic facts down before trailblazers came along. our oldest started trailblazers in 4th grade, so the basic facts were established and she did fine. That is not the case with our other daughter now in 1st grade. We are taking it upon ourselves with a tutor to get the basic facts across to our 1st grader. I don't think there are a lot of positives out there when it comes to trailblazer even from the teachers. Get back to the basics! Teach the math facts first, then maybe trailblazer will work!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/