From: Joseph <josephsmith37@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006042211:38:29
Subject: Trailblazers Math

Thanks to district cuts, I've been out of the classroom since the
'01-'02 school year.  I'm attempting to get back into the field next
year and I recently came across a position near where I live that said
knowledge of the Trailblazers Math program would be an added benefit.
This is my first time hearing of it.  I've looked online a bit, but
most of what I've found is a very biased description of the curriculum
by the publishers.  It looks like there's some mixed feelings here in
this forum, but many of the topics posted have all been about
frustrating experiences with the program from teachers and parents.

Is there anyone who has something positive to say about the
curriculum?  And can anyone point me in the direction of a website
that gives a good, unbiased, description of the curriculum.  Should I
be called in for an interview, I'd like to have a little understanding
of the program.  I'm applying for a first grade position, so if you
have any insight to Trailblazers math as it pertains to first graders,
I'd appreciate any reponses.

Thank you.
-Joseph

Post a reply to this message