From: shane dye <shanedye73@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008101216:47:23
Subject: trailblazer is a waste of time

     My son started trailblazer this year in first grade.  He started
at the top of his class in math and is currently at the bottom.  Not
only are the students frustrated with the curriculm, but the teachers
are too.  I am frustrated at the fact that the teacher doesn't feel
confident in teaching it to the students.  Her frustration is that she
doesn't have anything to gauge the kids with.  Why does my son have to
wait till the fifth grade to see if he "masters" the program? First
grade is the fundamentals for learning math.  Leave the strategzing
out and use the correct term for the problems ie. ADDITION,
SUBTRACTION, TAKE AWAY, ADD TO.  Its not about "pocket time."  The
teacher should be teaching him math, not me.  Every night i am working
with him what the teacher can't. This program is not very benefical
for any learning child.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't teach it to a worm!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/