From: shane dye

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008101216:47:23
Subject: trailblazer is a waste of time

My son started trailblazer this year in first grade. He started at the top of his class in math and is currently at the bottom. Not only are the students frustrated with the curriculm, but the teachers are too. I am frustrated at the fact that the teacher doesn't feel confident in teaching it to the students. Her frustration is that she doesn't have anything to gauge the kids with. Why does my son have to wait till the fifth grade to see if he "masters" the program? First grade is the fundamentals for learning math. Leave the strategzing out and use the correct term for the problems ie. ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, TAKE AWAY, ADD TO. Its not about "pocket time." The teacher should be teaching him math, not me. Every night i am working with him what the teacher can't. This program is not very benefical for any learning child. Quite frankly, I wouldn't teach it to a worm!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/