From: Julie D <jdrago@pburg.k12.nj.us.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002031922:16:05
Subject: Trailblazers math

	Our district is currently piloting this series.  I find the teacher's
guides obscure (I've spent hours reading and rereading the URGs,
trying to understand what I'm expected to teach), and the majority of
the lessons are too abstract for our students.  Our students seemed to
become restless and bored during most of the lessons.

Any further discussion would be appreciated!!

We also piloted a math program by Silver-Burdett and Ginn, and found
it to be a nice mix of concept, skill, and "writing in math".  Every
lesson involved cooperative learning, hands on activities, critical
thinking, assessments, etc.  Our students were involved in lots of
discussions and did lots of writing.

Thanks,
Julie

Post a reply to this message