From: Grace <gracenotes@nc.rr.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005091223:39:40
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trailblazers score ratings vs. traditonal math teachings

I have spoken with many parents representing several schools who are
upset over the new math curriculum. I am paying for supplemental
classes (Kumon) for my elem. schooler. From past experience on Wake
Co. school issues, the first step is to rally parents to write
letters, emails and make calls to Board of Education members. Even
more effective is to speak during the public comment session of one of
their Bd meetings. Go early and sign up. Usually these speakers can
speak during the early part of the meeting so you don't have to sit
through it all. 3-minute time limit. Keung Hui, the News & Observer
reporter on this beat, might pick it up if you go public and that will
bring more parents out. I hear many teachers dislike it but are afraid
to cross the administration. No matter what, be sure you are preparing
your children well at home as this curriculum cannot do the job. For
Bd member contact info and Bd mtg schedule, go to www.wcpss.net.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®