Q&A #2193

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Trailblazers Math Program

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: Grace

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005091223:39:40
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trailblazers score ratings vs. traditonal math teachings

I have spoken with many parents representing several schools who are upset over the new math curriculum. I am paying for supplemental classes (Kumon) for my elem. schooler. From past experience on Wake Co. school issues, the first step is to rally parents to write letters, emails and make calls to Board of Education members. Even more effective is to speak during the public comment session of one of their Bd meetings. Go early and sign up. Usually these speakers can speak during the early part of the meeting so you don't have to sit through it all. 3-minute time limit. Keung Hui, the News & Observer reporter on this beat, might pick it up if you go public and that will bring more parents out. I hear many teachers dislike it but are afraid to cross the administration. No matter what, be sure you are preparing your children well at home as this curriculum cannot do the job. For Bd member contact info and Bd mtg schedule, go to www.wcpss.net.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®