From: Scott McGuire <mcguiresclan@msn.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002112523:05:26
Subject: Trailblazer Questions - Parent

The school my children attend just adopted Trailblazer math this year.
I am concerned that I can't find any objective information about the
program (i.e., only the Trailblazer site gives much info - which may
be biased).  Further, I am concerned about the lack of structure and
basic math facts in the program.  For example, my 3rd grade son (who
is advanced in reading and the "math" program) is having difficulty
correctly adding numbers in the hundreds and above -due primarily to a
lack of math facts.  Is this program an acceptable program or a waste
of a good mind?  I would appreciate comments from any teachers or
parents who have experience with this program.  Also, are there any
websites that give some objective information about math programs.

Thanks from a concerned parent.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®