From: Scott McGuire

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002112523:05:26
Subject: Trailblazer Questions - Parent

The school my children attend just adopted Trailblazer math this year. I am concerned that I can't find any objective information about the program (i.e., only the Trailblazer site gives much info - which may be biased). Further, I am concerned about the lack of structure and basic math facts in the program. For example, my 3rd grade son (who is advanced in reading and the "math" program) is having difficulty correctly adding numbers in the hundreds and above -due primarily to a lack of math facts. Is this program an acceptable program or a waste of a good mind? I would appreciate comments from any teachers or parents who have experience with this program. Also, are there any websites that give some objective information about math programs. Thanks from a concerned parent.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/