From: Joshua <joshua.zucker@stanfordalumni.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001061813:51:53
Subject: Re: Homeschooling Math- early algebra and geometry

Hi Jean,

I can't comment on the others, but Lenchner's book is fantastic.
I used a lot of those ideas with a 4th grade math club I helped run
after school; quite a few of them apply just as well for middle
and high school students unless they are very experienced problem
solvers.  The strategies are very general, and the book is
well-written. It's a better resource for parents/teachers than it is
for the kids to read themselves, I think.  There are some other books
(The Number Devil, and The Math Curse, and Math for Smarty Pants are
some that spring to mind) that are more fun for the kids.

 -Joshua, for the T2T service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®