From: Joshua

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001061813:51:53
Subject: Re: Homeschooling Math- early algebra and geometry

Hi Jean, I can't comment on the others, but Lenchner's book is fantastic. I used a lot of those ideas with a 4th grade math club I helped run after school; quite a few of them apply just as well for middle and high school students unless they are very experienced problem solvers. The strategies are very general, and the book is well-written. It's a better resource for parents/teachers than it is for the kids to read themselves, I think. There are some other books (The Number Devil, and The Math Curse, and Math for Smarty Pants are some that spring to mind) that are more fun for the kids. -Joshua, for the T2T service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/