From: Carrie Duncan

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999092920:29:49
Subject: Re: gifted students and grouping

I am the SLD teacher at my school. This year we set up the classes so that the children were grouped by ability level. I personally feel that this is beneficial to all ends of the spectrum with the lower ends you can spend more time remediating and not hold anyone back and the high end should have no limits! Unfortunately at my school the teachers are not motivated and do not think that they have time to make out more than one lesson plan (even though they only teach 2 subjects to each group hi, lo, med.) It is very frustrating. I know my children (the lo ones) are very frustrated and are not being successful and the hi ones are staying where they are. I live in North Carolina where end of grade testing is very popular. So everyone feels that the standard curriculum is where every child should be regardless. I guess i didn't answer your question but I'd love if you had any suggestions for me!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/