From: Carrie Duncan <teacher001@msn.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999092919:29:49
Subject: Re: gifted students and grouping

I am the SLD teacher at my school. This year we set up the classes so
that the children were grouped by ability level.  I personally feel
that this is beneficial to all ends of the spectrum with the lower
ends you can spend more time remediating and not hold anyone back and
the high end should have no limits!  Unfortunately at my school the
teachers are not motivated and do not think that they have time to
make out more than one lesson plan (even though they only teach 2
subjects to each group hi, lo, med.) It is very frustrating.  I know
my children (the lo ones) are very frustrated and are not being
successful and the hi ones are staying where they are. I live in North
Carolina where end of grade testing is very popular. So everyone feels
that the standard curriculum is where every child should be
regardless.  I guess i didn't answer your question but I'd love if you
had any suggestions for me!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®