Q&A #242

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Problem-solving

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: Laurie Lautares

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007102316:28:18
Subject: Facts, Question, Strategy, Solve

I treat each problem as a mini story. I have the students search for all the facts.If the students have a copy, they underline on their paper. I may display the problem on the board. The students write the question then look for the context clues that help to solve the problem. We discuss different stategies that they may use. The students then work the problem labeling their answer. The students are also writing about their solution.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®