Q&A #246

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Using the Internet in the classroom

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Louise Wilson

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998072017:51:14
Subject: math on the internet

I would like to see more use of math tips and techniques on the Internet - sort of a smorgasbord of notes from other math teachers. I put all my notes up on the web site (can be accessed through www.davenport.edu/holland/faculty.htm - select my name, then any of the course numbers, then "math by louise"), and have searched in vain for other sources to which I can direct my students. Since very often teaching math (especially to the non-mathematical older student) is a matter of engaging them with one particular method, it would help to have a variety of different ideas available for students to browse through on the Internet. I have also used my web site to have a discussion group for students who are "lost" on their homework. Since this is new, I haven't really gotten them to do more than post once to this, but as the use of the Internet evolves, I'm hoping that it gets used more extensively. I hope we can take math out of the solitary pursuit system, and into a more sociable activity!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®