From: Louise Wilson <louisew@iserv.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998072016:51:14
Subject: math on the internet

I would like to see more use of math tips and techniques on the
Internet - sort of a smorgasbord of notes from other math teachers.
I put all my notes up on the web site (can be accessed through
www.davenport.edu/holland/faculty.htm - select my name, then any of
the course numbers, then "math by louise"), and have searched in vain
for other sources to which I can direct my students. Since very often
teaching math (especially to the non-mathematical older student) is a
matter of engaging them with one particular method, it would help to
have a variety of different ideas available for students to browse
through on the Internet.

I have also used my web site to have a discussion group for students
who are "lost" on their homework. Since this is new, I haven't really
gotten them to do more than post once to this, but as the use of the
Internet evolves, I'm hoping that it gets used more extensively. I
hope we can take math out of the solitary pursuit system, and into a
more sociable activity!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®