From: Suzanne Meyer <Sue5472@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998090711:10:49
Subject: Power Point and Math

While this is not a Net related activity, it is proving to be highly
motivational. Middle school students develop their own word problems
based on class instruction in math concepts. They then take digital
photographs to illustrate the problem. After the word problems have
passed a "quality" test by at least four other students and the
teacher, the team that created the word problem(s) puts together 1-3
Power Point slides using photographs as well as words to pose the
questions. We just started doing this last year and will do more with
the concept this coming school year. As our own technology skills
grow, we will consider posting the slides on a student-developed web
site for other students to answer. The power of combining math with
visuals shows great promise for teaching students who have difficulty
with more traditional approaches. If you or your students would like
to "test" our word problems, please contact me via e-mail at
Sue5472@aol.com

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®