From: Marty S. <mschmude@mail2.northnet.com.au>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001022201:30:33
Subject: Re: Classroom Openers

Hello Mike,

The 'card tricks' I use are ones from an excellent website called Card
Trick Central.

http://web.superb.net/cardtric/tricks.htm

I have bought a few small books containing lateral and logical
thinking questions from a few book shops and newsagencies.

I have collected a number of books about mathematics in life, such as
'Why Do Buses Come In Three' by Rob Eastaway & Jeremy Wyndham, or
'Innumeracy' by John Allen Paulos. These books have outstanding facts
and useful maths that many students would find very interesting. Some
of these books contain math tricks that you could easily use in class.

If you would like me to send you some specific things, email me your
address through my personal email address and I will photocopy
somethings and get them off to you.

I wish you luck and hope some of what I have said comes in useful.

Marty

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®