From: Rene

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001072700:16:14
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Classroom Openers

Each day I start my class with a Problem of the Day. I use the first five minutes after the tardy bell to do this. Each correct response in the time limit is worth 2 extra credit points added to a quiz. My children race into the room to be the first one done. I use 24 cards!!! they are awesome. They range in difficulty from 1 digit numbers to algebra. They come in a square box and are just cards with numbers on them. They are cool, and my students absolutely love them. HINT> Start out with the single digit cards and practice a few times to teach how to solve the problems.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/