From: Rene <tomandrenerush@earthlink.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001072623:16:14
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Classroom Openers

Each day I start my class with a Problem of the Day.  I use the first
five minutes after the tardy bell to do this.  Each correct response
in the time limit is worth 2 extra credit points added to a quiz.  My
children race into the room to be the first one done.  I use 24
cards!!! they are awesome.  They range in difficulty from 1 digit
numbers to algebra.  They come in a square box and are just cards with
numbers on them.  They are cool, and my students absolutely love them.
HINT>  Start out with the single digit cards and practice a few times
to teach how to solve the problems.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®