Q&A #267

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: An algebraic "proof" that 2 = 1

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Gregory Pack

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998062500:14:09
Subject: Here is a similar "proof"

Dilbert's Theorem on Salary states that engineers and scientists can never earn as much salary as business executives and sales people. This theorem can now be supported by a mathematical equation based on the following two postulates: Postulate 1: Knowledge is Power Postulate 2: Time is Money As every engineer (and math teacher) knows: Work/Time = Power. Since Knowledge = Power, and Time = Money, we have: Work/Money = Knowledge Solving for Money, we get: Work/Knowledge = Money Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity regardless of the amount of Work done. Conclusion: The less you know, the more you make.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®