From: Janet <jancarstens>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001070712:43:03
Subject: Everyday Math

I agree with what several of the respondents have said. I have used
several programs over 25 years, (including Mathland, and agree that it
is not enough by itself). We are now using Everyday Math and it is
wonderful. It does take more time, but what the students (I teach
Second Grade) are able to do is great. Our test scores have gone up.
We will be switching to the updated version in the fall, and we are
told it is more teacher-friendly. If you go this route, be advised
that for the fourth and fifth graders, it was tricky the first year
because they jumped into it without having had it in previous grades.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/