Q&A #2818

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Best math series

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Janet

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001070712:43:03
Subject: Everyday Math

I agree with what several of the respondents have said. I have used several programs over 25 years, (including Mathland, and agree that it is not enough by itself). We are now using Everyday Math and it is wonderful. It does take more time, but what the students (I teach Second Grade) are able to do is great. Our test scores have gone up. We will be switching to the updated version in the fall, and we are told it is more teacher-friendly. If you go this route, be advised that for the fourth and fifth graders, it was tricky the first year because they jumped into it without having had it in previous grades.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®