Q&A #2818

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Best math series

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Diane Rothmeyer

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001020117:08:26
Subject: Re: Re:Mathland???

The experience I have had with Mathland by Creative Publications is as a mother with a degree in math and a high school math teacher. While it contained some very good "supplemental" materials, I do NOT believe it should stand alone as an elementary series. It requires alot of additional work by the teacher to make sure the kids require MASTERY and AUTOMATICITY of basic facts. Please do not underestimate the importance of your job to get the kids to MASTERY--it is vital for higher order thinking!! For feedback on schools who have tried Mathland, check out mathematicallycorrect.com.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®