From: Claudia <claudia@pyramid.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000112802:26:27
Subject: Math Series

I have some personal recommendations for math series.  The first is
Opening Eyes to Mathematics and Visual Mathematics by the Math
Learning Center. These are excellent programs.  They are very
manipulative, hands-on, constructivist learning.  Makes the students
feel very empowered mathematically.  Anybody else use this?  How do
you like it?
Another program that I love is University of Chicago Everyday Math
Series.  My former district adopted this and if used right, students
will achieve wonderfully.  It is teacher intense and you need to be
willing to really teach math.  It is also very integrated with science
and social studies.  Everything is in context.  The only issue I had
wiht this program is that it is hard to teach in a multiage class.
Otherwise it is amazing.  Anybody have thoughts or comments on these
programs?  I would like to hear from others using them and what you
think about them.  Claudia

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®