From: Ron Corces

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002072606:31:46
Subject: Re: Meaning of

Regarding the use of := I believe this comes from a software usage. "MATHCAD" uses two different equal signs. If you wish to define a variable, you use the colon key. The software displays := on the screen. If you want to return a numeric value, you enter the normal equals sign. MATHCAD Example: Enter I:5 displays I := 5 Enter J:I^2 displays J := I^2 Enter J= displays J = 25 Ron

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/