Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Dan

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003073123:46:53
Subject: Re: Re: Accelerated Math

Regarding your comment "-- but I'd have to say an extremely lazy way to teach. You may be out of a job soon if this is so great and more people decide to home school using this program"----------I say "terrific" if you can find a curriculum that doesn't need a teacher, but that is not the case with AM. Instruction is still necessary for most students but it does allow for excellent peer tutoring. AM also does a great job of reviewing and holding student accountable for work done earlier in the year. I am using the "Pre-Algebra" library as a "review curriculum" for my Algebra class and my Geometry class each which I am teaching out of a regular text. It is remarkable how much 'pre-algebra curriculum' that students have forgotten, or simply did not learn. I use the 1st 20 minutes each class to do AM (students are expected to bring a worksheet from home completed and ready to grade, and use the rest of the 20 minutes to work on their new worksheet). Then we get to work on our regular Algebra or Geometry.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®