Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: lisa <ldowdy@pleasanthillschools.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004030413:48:36
Subject: Re: Accelerated math - major flaws

I have not seen connected math, but I somewhat disagree with your
comment.  I think it is very important for children to learn the basic
skills of math and work at their own pace, with some push from a
teacher.  I think too many students are given critical thinking
problems and can't even do the simple steps of division to solve it.
I truly believe that ANY program will need teacher intervention for it
to work on all levels.  If a program could do it all, we would be out
of jobs.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®