Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: John Longoria

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000092000:41:09
Subject: Re: accelerated math program

Accelerated Math does rely on a multiple choice format to a great extent, but it is flexible enough that teachers need not rely on this format exclusively. In addition to Practice problems (all of which are in the multiple choice format), one can choose to print Exercises, which are the same as Practice problems, except that (1) the Objectives need not be in any particular order and (2) the answer format can be either multiple choice or free response. Tests can also be chosen with either answer format. Also, any objective can be completed outside of the program by giving "credit" for the objective(s) through an override function. So, I don't think it's entirely accurate (or fair) to say that the program will not help children. Using a bit of imagination, any teacher can make the program work was well as any other good teaching method. (By the way, I am not a salesman for the company! I am a 9th grade teacher and used the program this summer with very promising results.)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/