Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Sarah Spinks <photobugster@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004011421:48:20
Subject: What are the draw-backs of Accelerated Math?

All that I read about Accelerated Math is how good the program is.  I
would like some input from teachers, districts, etc. that have used
this program that gives a balanced view of how it works.

I can see this as a possible supplement to math programs.  It looks as
though it is mainly a 'drill and kill' type program.  It looks like it
is not going to help introduce strands such as measurement, geometry,
probability, etc. for elementary age students.

I'm looking forward to reading some objective reviews!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/