Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Carol <smead@ctelco.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005111811:01:57
Subject: accelerated math program

I am a retired teacher who tutors on the side.  I have been doing this
for a number of years. Our local rural school district began using AM
several years ago incorrectly.  They replaced the entire math
curriculum with it and do NO teaching.  It is very easy for the
teachers... no lessons to prepare, no lectures to give, no homework to
grade, no tests to do, and I could go on and on.  The students HATE it
and flock to me in droves.  It is easy to cheat on and they tell me
how it can be done.  Test scores have dropped dramatically.  Also, in
analyzing what the program offers, I have concluded that even if it
were used correctly, it is seriously flawed.  Many concepts are
missing and others are taught incorrectly.  There is so much that is
bad that I do not have room to discuss it here.  If anyone is
interested in knowing more, contact me and I can give specific
details.  If you use this program, please be very careful.
Carol

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®