Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Mike Pula <mpula@ga.k12.md.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006042014:12:44
Subject: Accelerated Math Scanner Breakdown

I am the computer guy at a middle school in western Maryland. We
bought into Accelerated Math in a fairly big way about three years ago
and have since had nothing but trouble with the scanners which are
absolute junk IMHO.

For the first year and a half or so the company replaced the scanners,
but have recently told us it was our problem. Am I the only one having
this problem? I think the part that cycles the scan sheet through just
wears out and stops pulling the paper through the scanner. It does not
help if the students pull a stuck sheet out before it is ready.

My teachers want to use the program, but we don't have the money to
shell out $500 bucks every time a scanner goes south. You would think
that for the price of those scanners they would be a little more
robust--especially since kids are supposed to be using them!

I'd appreciate any input you might have--even if it is just
commiseration. Am I out in left field or are the scanners just junk?

Thanks,
Mike

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question