Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Mike Pula

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006042014:12:44
Subject: Accelerated Math Scanner Breakdown

I am the computer guy at a middle school in western Maryland. We bought into Accelerated Math in a fairly big way about three years ago and have since had nothing but trouble with the scanners which are absolute junk IMHO. For the first year and a half or so the company replaced the scanners, but have recently told us it was our problem. Am I the only one having this problem? I think the part that cycles the scan sheet through just wears out and stops pulling the paper through the scanner. It does not help if the students pull a stuck sheet out before it is ready. My teachers want to use the program, but we don't have the money to shell out $500 bucks every time a scanner goes south. You would think that for the price of those scanners they would be a little more robust--especially since kids are supposed to be using them! I'd appreciate any input you might have--even if it is just commiseration. Am I out in left field or are the scanners just junk? Thanks, Mike

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®