Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: L. Griffith <lkgriff52@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006052315:37:21
Subject: Re: Question for educators an AM program

Dear Jennifer,

Obviously, you are very good parent.  Most parents accept what schools
are doing "sight unseen."   I have used the AM program for four years
now and if it is done correctly it produces tremendous results at the
secondary level.  I do not recommend it for the lower elementary
grades.  For grades (k-5) I highly recommend the Saxon Math program.
This program will give your child the review that you want for her.

To answer your question - students practice the objectives until they
get 80% mastery on the objective.  After this, the program indicates
that they are ready to test.  If they master the objective on their
test then this same objective is reviewed on their practices until
they master it again (80%).  Review problems for mastered objectives
very rarely show up on the student's test again unless they totally
forgot how to do them.  In otherwords, the students practice, test,
review, and then the students are totally done with that particular
objective.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®