Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: L. Griffith

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006052316:37:21
Subject: Re: Question for educators an AM program

Dear Jennifer, Obviously, you are very good parent. Most parents accept what schools are doing "sight unseen." I have used the AM program for four years now and if it is done correctly it produces tremendous results at the secondary level. I do not recommend it for the lower elementary grades. For grades (k-5) I highly recommend the Saxon Math program. This program will give your child the review that you want for her. To answer your question - students practice the objectives until they get 80% mastery on the objective. After this, the program indicates that they are ready to test. If they master the objective on their test then this same objective is reviewed on their practices until they master it again (80%). Review problems for mastered objectives very rarely show up on the student's test again unless they totally forgot how to do them. In otherwords, the students practice, test, review, and then the students are totally done with that particular objective.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/