Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Dan

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007121420:03:38
Subject: Re: Re: Re: accelerated math program

Wow, I don't see the problem. The kid's not motivated and doesn't want to find the answer in the textbook. I really don't think not answering the question is going to help him. What about teaching kids independent problem-solving skills. When they graduate from their schooling, no one is going to teach them how to start their own business. They are going to have to use the skills they learned in school to solve their own problems. I would encourage my child to follow the steps: look in the textbook, ask a fellow student, and look on the internet (if available). After that, the teacher should be available to point him in the right direction. My students find AM so much better than my boring self standing in front of the class lecturing. My guess is that this student would complain about any math work, not just AM. Just a guess.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/