Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Chuck <chuck.chisam@lipscomb.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008031111:27:12
Subject: Re: Re: accelerated math program

On 2000111320:47:48, M. Downey wrote:

  My main complaint is that the teacher is not teaching
>the objectives before the students are trying to solve related
>problems and they are becoming frustrated!

Your problem is not with Accelerated Math it is with a teaching style
of the teacher.  If the teacher opened a book why would he be inclined
to do any more to help your child.  I have friends with students in
Saxon courses and they complain that the teacher want help the child
and does not teach.  They just copy stuff off the board.  The problem
is the quality of the teacher.  You might work to throw this program
out of your school and still end up in the same place you are now.
Concentrate on what will make the most difference (the teacher).

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/