Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Amy Burnett <amyjburnett@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002071716:34:32
Subject: Re: accelerated math program

This is my first year as a teacher and I am getting my certification
WHILE I teach my first year. I am contracted with a rural school
district where I have 6-12 grades and they are very proud of the
Accelerated Math program and have ordered more scan sheets and
instructional materials for it. I grew up where I was not allowed to
use calculators. And now they want me to spend half of the semester
with kids on the computers. I only have 2 computers and an average of
nine kids in each class. I don't know much about AM and I seem to be
missing some files on the computer so I can't even find out about it.
I just don't see how having kids glued to a computer, while you are
dealing with the other students and the lesson, can halp with
organization. Especially if some go at a drastically slower pace than
others. I see it more for a catch-up program than a forge-ahead.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/