Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Kay Kellerhouse <intothefire2001@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002091912:59:16
Subject: Re: accelerated math program

I agree completely with you, sir.  I am currently a college student in
the state of Georgia and am taking a Calculus course in which the
professor of the course gave us a multiple choice exam for our first
test.  We were not allowed to hand in the portion of the test which
showed how we derived our answers.  I am in the process of developing
a letter that debates the usage of this format for mathematics testing
and am going to offer my points to the professor.  The approach of
using such a tool not only hinders the students ability to think, it
also creates laziness.  I appreciate the fact that I am not the only
person that thinks this type of testing is ludicrous.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/