Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Kay Kellerhouse

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002091913:59:16
Subject: Re: accelerated math program

I agree completely with you, sir. I am currently a college student in the state of Georgia and am taking a Calculus course in which the professor of the course gave us a multiple choice exam for our first test. We were not allowed to hand in the portion of the test which showed how we derived our answers. I am in the process of developing a letter that debates the usage of this format for mathematics testing and am going to offer my points to the professor. The approach of using such a tool not only hinders the students ability to think, it also creates laziness. I appreciate the fact that I am not the only person that thinks this type of testing is ludicrous.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/