Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Dan

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007121420:13:19
Subject: Re: Re: accelerated math program

Actually, this is a fantastic forge-ahead program. Students are given the resources to find the technique needed to answer a problem and they run with it. Some will be lazy, yes. Some will be slow, yes. Why hold the rest of your class back because 15% of the class is lazy. The 15% at the other end is pulling out their hair because they know how to do the math and so they start antagonizing you by talking, drawing, etc, because they are bored to tears. This is individualized instruction at it's finest. Let every student go as far as they can until they hit a wall, then give them the tools to go farther. Kids can't learn everything from the textbook and AM, but it sure helps you group your kids by ability and allows them to work at a pace that is challenging them. I haven't got it all figured out either. I came here to see how people are integrating it into their curriculum and it sounds like many are integrating their curriculum into AM. Wow. How cool is that. I've found that I can't print tests fast enough to keeps kids moving. Cool stuff.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/