Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Dan

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003080100:01:25
Subject: Re: accelerated math program

You are equating multiple-choice with showing no work. As the people who instruct classes for AM say, " make you kids show their work". "make your students take the AM work and TOPS report home for signature from parents each day" Many math class room operate on 'take roll', 'pass papers, correct and collect', 'instruct the new lesson', and 'let the kids have the rest of the period to work (or talk)'. I think you will find an AM classroom quite different. We have only a small sample on which to make our comments but we have had good results, and expect to have better results next year when we have the parents better educated. AM doesn't work by itself.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®