Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Suzanne A.
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000111518:44:56
Subject: Re: SETUP OF THE AM PROGRAM

Last year when I was teaching at Frisbie Middle School in Rialto,
California our mathematics department started using the Accelerated
Math program with some classes with the idea that this year we would
use it school wide.

I highly recommend that you try it with a subset of your student body
(one or two classes and increase that with success) just because there
are things to get used to and it's easier to learn the ropes with some
classes instead of implementing it with the whole school all at once.
Maybe since your training won't be until April that would also be a
good idea to start slowly?

To answer your specific questions:
 - I don't think tables or desks would matter.
 - I don't think it would be wrong to start using the program in the
middle of a nine week session. I say this because I would encourage
you to think of the first time of use as a trial time and not
something that you will have completely under control the first time
you use it.
 - I found that having the "Basic Math" (I think that is what it's
called.) to be very helpful also. Actually we ordered Grades 2, 3, 4,
5, 6, 7, pre and algebra but what we should have ordered instead of
all those grade levels were just the basic math title since it serves
as a review for students needing help with basic arithmetic skills.

I hope that helps and good luck!

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question