Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jill <jillspins@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001010616:58:21
Subject: Re: SETUP OF THE AM PROGRAM

This is my first year teaching.  My school (Middle School) purchased
the 6th, 7th, and pre-algebra libraries two years ago and met
resistance when they asked teachers to implement the program.  I did
so this year, after finding out about the program and did so near the
end of the first quarter.

My students enjoy this system much more than the way a regular math
class would be and they feel a sense of accomplishment when they
master an objective.

I believe that you can implement AM at any time, it doesn't need to be
the beginning of the quarter.  I also think that it makes no
difference if you have desks or tables.

There are several important things that need to be worked out as you
move ahead with your implementation:

1. Need for a speedy printer and alot of cartridges
2. Paper, paper, paper
3. Number 2 pencil
4. Some system to make sure that your students know exactly what to do
and what is expected of them.  The idea here is so that they are
responsible and keep track of their worksheets and so that you do not
spend time REPRINTING them for each student that has misplaced their
work.

Also, depending on the number of students that will be using the
hardware...scanner, I suggest you purcase a couple of those cleaning
cards!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®