Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jill

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001010617:58:21

This is my first year teaching. My school (Middle School) purchased the 6th, 7th, and pre-algebra libraries two years ago and met resistance when they asked teachers to implement the program. I did so this year, after finding out about the program and did so near the end of the first quarter. My students enjoy this system much more than the way a regular math class would be and they feel a sense of accomplishment when they master an objective. I believe that you can implement AM at any time, it doesn't need to be the beginning of the quarter. I also think that it makes no difference if you have desks or tables. There are several important things that need to be worked out as you move ahead with your implementation: 1. Need for a speedy printer and alot of cartridges 2. Paper, paper, paper 3. Number 2 pencil 4. Some system to make sure that your students know exactly what to do and what is expected of them. The idea here is so that they are responsible and keep track of their worksheets and so that you do not spend time REPRINTING them for each student that has misplaced their work. Also, depending on the number of students that will be using the hardware...scanner, I suggest you purcase a couple of those cleaning cards!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®