Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Vanessa Coleman <vcoleman@ec.rr.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006031614:12:20
Subject: Re: AM and Textbooks

I  agree.  I am struggling along with my daughter to find formulas
that should be used for some of these problems.  We search the web as
well as old math materials that I have collected for years.  It is a
great practice tool but I should not be teaching this to my daughter.
Her teacher should have gone over most of these problems with her. She
is spending too much time on these problems plus her regular math
work.  I think there should be sample problems for students and
parents.  Also were are the manipulatives  some of these problems are
too abstract.  Thanks for letting me vent!! Vanessa Coleman  just a
fourth grade teacher  SMILE

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®