Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Lanny K. Griffith

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006051914:40:54
Subject: Re: AM and Textbooks

I have used AM for 4 consecutive years now both as a principal and math teacher. And I have experienced tremendous improvement in student test scores on standarized and "high stakes" tests. The AM program can be taught successfully both as a "stand alone" or supplanting program or with the SAXON math textbooks (versions can be purchased to match the SAXON math textbooks as well as a few other publishers). I have used it both with a textbook and without. I prefer to use Accelerated Math with the Saxon math textbooks since the students need a textbook to refer back to when they don't understand something. If anyone ever tells you that Accelerated Math doesn't work, then they are either an idiot or have never used it. It should be used in every school in the country because the students love it, the teachers love it, and it does raise student performance and test scores.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/