Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jane Gibby

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006082418:00:35
Subject: Re: Re: AM and Textbooks

Sorry, but I'm not an idiot and I have seen this used exclusively in our school. I hate the program. The questions are shallow and the teaching is worse. Parents are teaching kids and teachers are "showing" only. The reason test scores are going up is that kids are learning to take multiple choice tests. Teachers who are parents hate the program and teachers who have no children using the program love it. We have one principal who hates the program because he sees how much he has to teach his children on his own. It has caused me to home school my child in math because the teaching is not there. Sorry, but this is a very shallow way to teach math. There is no exploration of concepts at all. You may do it differently but this is not going to help the average child at all.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®