Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jane Gibby <janiebelle007@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006082417:00:35
Subject: Re: Re: AM and Textbooks

Sorry, but I'm not an idiot and I have seen this used exclusively in
our school. I hate the program.  The questions are shallow and the
teaching is worse. Parents are teaching kids and teachers are
"showing" only. The reason test scores are going up is that kids are
learning to take multiple choice tests. Teachers who are parents hate
the program and teachers who have no children using the program love
it. We have one principal who hates the program because he sees how
much he has to teach his children on his own. It has caused me to home
school my child in math because the teaching is not there. Sorry, but
this is a very shallow way to teach math. There is no exploration of
concepts at all. You may do it differently but this is not going to
help the average child at all.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®