Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Victor <algewa83@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002081121:50:50
Subject: Re: Re: Accelerated Math

This is the second year that our school has been using the software.
Last year, I had four of my five classes using it in hopes to start
laying out a plan of attack to make the program more efficient to run
to meet my students needs.

We tested our students at the beginning of the year using the STAR
Math test to establish a "baseline" of were the majority of the
students fall.   From there, we aligned the objectives in order with
the text that we were using.  We mainly used the text as a refference
book, used the software to provide the practices, exercises, and
tests, and developed and presented the lessons to our students.

Yes, it was a lot of work and growing pains along the way.

This year, I have 1 class of 7th grade basic math, 3 classes of 8th
grade Pre-Algebra, and 1 class of  8th grade Algebra.  The students
will be receive a combination of multiple choice responses and free
response answers for their practices and exercises.  However, since
our state has incorporated open-ended answers in the state test, the
majority of the students' tests will be open-ended too.

I would recommend a computer with a fast processor, a laser printer
with at least 16-20ppm, ability to get lots of paper and cartridges.
This year we had asked each student to bring 1 ream of  printer paper.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/