Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Gus <togoose@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005050710:58:23
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Best implementation of Accelerated Math

Teach your math curriculum as normal...use AM to deliver the work...

The teacher will need to align math objectives to whatever math book a
school uses.

By the way...

I have 3 years of AM data...  Last year 84% of our students were
proficient in math.

A little about our school… (district is the 17th largest in the U.S.)

We are a Title I school.
98% of our students are on free or reduced lunch (economically
disadvantaged)
Our mobility rate is 49%
Our student body: 96% African American, 3% white, 1% other

Accelerated Math requires tons of resources (paper, toner, computer
hardware, etc.)

I believe most schools fall short on professional development.  PD is
the most important part of this program.  Once you get your teachers
trained correctly (training should be ongoing) the program becomes a
valuable asset to a school system.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®